7 Benefits Of Having A Fish Tank In The Classroom
Here are our top 7 benefits of opting for a classroom aquarium:
- Visual learning – Children can see how their efforts in the tasks performed affect the aquarium and its inhabitants.
- All aspects of science can be taught from the mini ecosystem; from water chemistry to how fish eat and the nitrogen cycle
- Other key learnings around the topic can be filtered, such as language, geography and history.
- Valuable lessons on how to be responsible and take care of animals
- Teamwork: working with classmates to ensure the aquarium is cared for and assignments are completed
- Encourages children to look beyond their everyday lives on land, use their imaginations, and consider the evolution of the underwater world in their classroom.
- Aquariums have been shown to provide a relaxing atmosphere for people and studies have found that there is a loss of tension when there are fish in the classroom.
Are you a teacher or parent and know of a school that would LOVE to have an aquarium in their classroom? We have several guides to help beginners in the world of aquariums: