An aquarium pump is an essential item for any fish lover, as it is the main responsible for keeping aquariums in harmony. The health of your small pets will remain in perfect condition if you buy one that is of quality, but in reality there are so many brands and models, that it is natural that you feel a little confused.
Do not worry, we will tell you below everything you need to be an expert in water pumps for your small liquid ecosystem. This will be your ideal guide so that you can acquire exactly what your little fish need to have a long and healthy life, just as you want and they deserve.
There are many points to consider when buying a water pump, as they come with as varied characteristics as there are fish in your aquarium. You can choose between an aquarium recirculation pump, a pump to draw water from the aquarium, a silent aquarium water pump and an outdoor water pump.
The good news is that they are all easy to install and practical for your lifestyle, they will help you so much that you will not believe it. So it is best to make this small investment, take into account the type of fish you have in your aquarium and adapt the pump to your needs.
I will tell you that you do not have to confuse aquarium water pumps with aerators . They are two different devices, designed to cover two different needs.
Selection of the best pumps for aquarium 2020
What is a water pump for in the aquarium?
Inside the aquarium, a water pump can be useful for:
- Simulation of water currents
In wild life, fish live in huge amounts of water, but this does not remain static, quite the contrary, for fish to survive it is essential that there are water currents.
This is what you must create inside your aquarium so that your fish feel at home. But you must be careful, this is something that must be regulated precisely, since it must also be combined with a specific level of oxygen so that your fish are not at risk or suffer from the pump.
- Eliminate waste
Since we almost always combine many elements to accompany the fish, it is normal that there is a high percentage of chance that the aquarium will be easily contaminated or dirty.
The water pump can be a perfect ally for the aquarium filter , redirecting the current of water towards the filter, we will achieve a greater efficiency of this.
A water pump can be essential when the aquarium is large and we are not interested in adding an auxiliary filter.
Now that you know all this, you will realize how essential it is to have an aquarium pump that meets all the needs of your pets.
This is an accessory that you must select for its capacity, size and its functions. Think that it will be a great investment to prevent future problems with your pets.
Buying guide: Buying the best aquarium pump
After you have understood the importance of this device, it is time for you to learn how you can get it right when it comes to buying the best aquarium pump.
There are four fundamental aspects that you must be clear about your aquarium in order to find the type of pump that will best suit your fish:
- Aquarium size: the dimensions of your aquarium will be essential to determine what type of pump you should buy, since if you have a 150-liter pump, you should look for one that is capable of moving the entire volume that the aquarium contains six times per hour. What it means is that you should pay close attention to the level of power it offers you.
- Power-Flow: Pump power can also be a problem, as while creating flows or streams is important, this may be too strong for the type of fish you have. It is for this reason that it is recommended that you acquire a pump with the ability to be regulated, only then will you have the option to adjust the jets and give your pets the perfect type of flow.
- Noise: it is essential that, when installing your pumps, it is clear that they are totally silent, since in most cases this can cause harm to small animals.
- Indoor or outdoor ( Submersible pumps ): if it is a submersible pump, it is important that it be compact, that you can hide it and that it does not take up much space. This will help it integrate well into the fish’s routine, as anything can scare or stress you out.
By meeting all these requirements you will have the ideal pump for your fish, no matter how much it costs, a good aquarium pump, no matter what type it is, will always be a great change in the life of the fish. It depends on you that it is a positive one.
You may also like…