What is the best backpack aquarium filter on the market?
One of the essential accessories in an aquarium are filters. Backpack filters help us to maintain the quality of the water in perfect condition, carrying out the filtering processes of impurities that are generated spontaneously in nature.
Backpack filters or waterfall filters are great for small to medium sized aquariums , useful for freshwater aquariums or marine aquariums.
They do not take up space inside the aquarium, they are easy to manipulate to clean or change filter materials and they have as much power as an external filter .
But not all filters are the same. Examine the relationship that I have prepared for you, with the best backpack filters that can be bought right now.
Comparison of the best waterfall filters of 2020
What backpack filter to buy? Best value for money backpack filters
The Fluval C3 backpack filter is the best that can be found on the market, not only because of the Fluval brand, which is of recognized prestige, but also because it also incorporates 5 filter stages, two mechanical, one chemical and two biological, with space more than enough for filter materials.
As details to take into account, due to the advantages it provides are: its telescopic inlet tube , so that the filter takes water from the part of the aquarium that interests us, the option of being able to clean the filter without having to stop it and the Pop indicator -up, which warns us of the need to clean the filtration sponge.
This size is indicated for aquariums up to 190 liters, although other size options are available, for 115 liter aquariums ( Fluval C-2 Filter ) and 265 liter aquariums ( Fluval C-4 Filter ), in case the model and the you like features, but your aquarium is smaller or bigger.
See offers on Amazon
- The filtering capacity is up to 580 liters / hour , which allows it to be installed in aquariums up to 190 liters.
- 5 filtration stages: 2 mechanical, 1 chemical and 2 biological.
- It allows to accommodate the filter flow, without losing filtration quality.
- Ready for use immediately. Assemble all the necessary filter materials.
- Cartridge filter material, very easy to handle
- Dimensions: 17.5 cm long x 10.5 cm wide x 17 cm high
Buyers’ opinions of the Fluval C3 backpack filter
A great filter, highly recommended. I have installed it in a 70 liter aquarium and it has nothing to do with the one that came standard in the Starter Kit. It comes well prepared, with enough space for all filter materials. It is easy to clean, without having to stop the filter or reload it.
See more opinions
- The 5-stage filtration allows to maintain superior water quality , until now reserved only for high-end external filters.
- Its flow regulation system is unique, with a system that keeps the water inside the filter for longer, to improve quality despite having a lower water flow.
- Very quiet (one of the most), quick and easy handling.
- Unbeatable value for money.
- The only drawback of this filter is in the filtering materials, which, being cartridge type, are proprietary and can entail a higher maintenance cost, although the quality is indisputable.
AquaClear has an exceptional filter range , which has rave reviews from hobbyists. The AquaClear 30 backpack filter allows it to be mounted in aquariums up to 114 liters. This does not mean that you cannot mount it in smaller aquariums.
The filter is perfectly designed to perform a multi-stage filtration (mechanical, biological and chemical), so that we will achieve a better quality of water for our aquarium.
It has its own features of higher priced filters, such as flow control or the possibility of including activated carbon , to perform chemical filtration of the water … very useful after treating our fish.
Right now it is in promotion (I don’t know for how long), with 25% below its usual price , don’t miss it !!
See offers on Amazon
- Maximum flow 378 liters / hour , ideal for aquariums that do not exceed 110 liters.
- Performs mechanical, chemical and biological filtration. It comes with all factory accessories, you don’t need to buy filter material to get it started.
- Water flow control. It can be reduced by up to 50% of its capacity.
- It is easy to handle and replace the filter materials. It is accessed from the top.
- It allows taking the water at different levels, being able to do it at the bottom of the aquarium, so that the filtering is more efficient.
- Dimensions : 11.4 x 17.8 x 16.5 cm
Buyers’ opinions of the AquaClear 30 backpack filter
It has been a great purchase, with which I have solved most of the problems in my 60-liter aquarium. I’m doing great, the engine can’t hear anything. It oxygenates very well and keeps my aquarium clean. In general it has been a great success.
See more opinions
- Very quiet, it makes much less noise than other similar filters.
- In addition to being easily manipulated to change filter materials, it has enough space to add different types of materials.
- Very easy to install, no previous experience is needed.
- Allows the use of universal filter materials , greatly reducing the cost of aquarium maintenance
- Very good value for money, ideal for medium-sized aquariums.
- As with all waterfall filters, external mounting carries risks that if it breaks, the water will end up outside the aquarium.
- May make some noise at first
The SunSun CBG-500 backpack filter is designed to fit in aquariums from 38 liters to 115 liters.
This filter has a couple of details that differentiate it from other waterfall filters:
- It mounts integrated UV-C ultraviolet light, so that, if we turn it on, we avoid the proliferation of algae … which are extremely annoying.
- Use a shallow aspiration, similar to a surface skimmer, to improve the oxygenation of the aquarium.
In addition to the manufacturing details, obviously, it also performs mechanical, chemical and biological filtration, so that a fairly complete filter results within cascade filters.
See offers on Amazon