Which Fluval filter is the best on the market?
Fluval filters have excellent quality , combined with a unique design and cutting-edge technology, in short, they are a great choice to help you improve the quality of the water in your aquarium.
Fluval manufactures all types of filters, both external, internal and backpack for freshwater aquariums, as well as a surface skimmer, very useful to eliminate the greasy layer that occurs on the surface of the aquarium and that prevents adequate oxygenation.
Fluval has several different series of filters, designed to meet the needs of all users, depending on the size of your aquarium, number of fish and type of biotope created … since a filter for a densely planted aquarium is not the same as for a minimalist one.
Comparison of the best Fluval filters of the 06 series
Fluval 06 series filters are manufactured in Italy, prioritizing their design and above all their very silent operation, thanks to the technology used in the manufacture of the pump motor.
We are facing a multi-stage type filter , with separation between the filtering materials, to make the filtering process more effective, in addition to providing total independence to mix and match all types of materials.
- Ergonomic design and raised lip for smoother operation
- Single action dual locking clamps for quick release & attachment
- New center handle allows Main media stack to be removed
- Redesigned system – requires less pumps to engage
- The all-new 07 series marks the 7th incarnation in nearly 4 decades of fluval’s top selling canister Filter family Worldwide. Not only does the latest generation incorporate the power and reliability you’ve come to expect from the leader in aquatic filtration, but it also features several new performance upgrades that make it up to 25% quieter and more robust, energy-efficient, flexible and easier to use than ever before
- Multi-stage Filter that produces healthy aquarium water, freshwater or marine aquariums
- Features Smart Pump Technology for optimum filter performance, efficiency and management
- Self-starting filter-just add water and plug in. Head height (maximum): 3.3 m (10.8 feet)
- For aquariums up to 400 gallons
- Use as a primary filter for smaller aquariums, or supplementary filter for larger aquariums
- Sleek design with easy grip water control panel and redesigned media cartridge to trap more debris
- Convenient flip-top lid allows for quick and easy access to filter cartridge for maintenance or replacement
- Position horizontally for shallow tanks, larger tanks with low water levels, or to create a decorative waterfall feature or vertically against aquarium wall to create currents or customized flow patterns
- Designed for freshwater, saltwater and reptile environments up to 40 gallons
- Multi-stage filter pumps out 700 US Gal (2650 L) of water per hour
- Smart Pump advanced microchip technology continuously monitors and optimizes pump performance
- Self-starting – just add water, plug in and Smart Pump will take over. Trapped air auto-evacuated every 12 hours to ensure maximum efficiency
- Easy water changes eliminate need to lift heavy buckets. Simply attach hosing to output and Smart Pump does the rest
- Removable, stackable media baskets eliminate water bypass and hold a total of 1 US Gal (3.9 L) of media
- Performs double duty as both mechanical and biological filter media
- Dense structure ideal for trapping small particles
- Intricate, porous network provides vast surface area to facilitate growth of beneficial bacteria
- Helps create clean and healthy water conditions
- Includes two Bio-Foam inserts designed for use in Fluval FX4, FX5 and FX6 Canister Filters in freshwater and saltwater aquariums
- Custom designed and manufactured for the Fluval FX5 Filtration Systems
- Enhances biological filtration
- Provides efficient water flow with less clogging for long lasting filtration
- Good for freshwater & saltwater environments
- 385mm x 85mm x 40mm
- Provides mechanical filteration of large particles
- Prevents premature clogging
- Enhances biological filtration
- 2-pack; Suitable for Fluval 204/205, 206/306 and 304/305 Filters
- Tested in thousands of installations: Efficient, reliable and “quiet”.
- Multistage filtration, with independent compartments.
- Pre-filter in mechanical filtration, so that we have “4” filter materials, performing mechanical, biological and chemical filtration.
- Very powerful motor, without loss of flow between the different filter materials.
- Valves with Aquastop, to avoid water leaks when handling the filter.
- Very easy and safe closing: Lift & Lock closures.
Fluval 06 Series Filter Models Available
Best Fluval 07 series filters comparison
It seemed impossible, but the Fluval 07 series filters are 25% quieter than their predecessors, maintaining the same performance of power and reliability.
Fluval has managed to improve its most basic series, introducing improvements in the motor: low-wear liquid crystal polymer rotor, with specific noise damping support shafts, the shaft itself is made of diamond-polished aluminum, which gives it a 50% more fluidity … in short, if “in addition to the filtration of the water in your aquarium”, you are concerned about noise, this filter is going to enchant you.
But it is not the only improvement of this filter, with respect to the Fluval 06 series, improvements in filtration are also added, such as the incorporation ofa unique biological foam, with a corrugated surface that retains up to 30% more debris and residue.
- Super silent, thanks to the incorporation of new noise damping materials and an operation without obstructions or friction.
- Constant pumping power, without pressure loss. Greater efficiency compared to other filters with similar characteristics
- Low energy consumption . The 107 and 207 models consume only 10 watts.
- Simple, fast and efficient maintenance. Aquastop valves, double hooked head locking handles, easy access to baskets and filter material.
- Vertical pre-filter, with Biofam MAX biological foam, which retains 30% more waste.
- Independent filter cartridges, four chambers for filter material.
Fluval 07 Series Filter Models Available
Fluval G series filters comparison
The Fluval G series filters are designed for those aquarists who want to take their passion to a higher level.
If you do not settle for less than excellence and perfection, with these filters you will be delighted.
Digital technology has come to aquarium maintenance , with the G series
filters. These filters, in addition to all the mechanical advances, which are many, innovative and offer a substantial improvement over any filter on the market, offer the possibility of programming a digital maintenance of the filtering process.
Through a digital screen, you will be able to recognize at all times: the water parameters in real time, the filter cleaning intervals, temperature, flow rate … all the data is stored, in order to have references for consultation, analysis and modification .
- Filter maintenance and digital programming.
- Quick release cartridges. Fluval or generic filter materials can be used in the chemical and biological stage. Includes all filter materials.
- Simple and very fast maintenance. Aquastop valves, priming at the push of a button, secure locking and sealing, double wall filter, to eliminate noise.
- Prefilter, with three filtering stages: mechanical, chemical and biological.
Fluval G Series Filter Models Available
Fluval FX Series Filter Comparison
Each of the different series of Fluval filters is aimed at a specific aquarium, and of course a very specific audience.
The FX series is designed to satisfy users who own large aquariums , between 1,000 and 1,500 liters.
Obviously, there are not many aquarists with aquariums of such a considerable size, but it is no less evident that the need for filtration in an aquarium of these characteristics is enormous, not to mention the obligation to mount a filter of proven reliability and precision.
This filter has thoughtful maintenance details. Assemble a multifunctional drain valve, to perform theperiodic water changes in the aquarium, without having to manually remove the water or use any additional accessories.
An accessory can also be added to clean the gravel from the bottom of the aquarium more effectively than traditional siphoners offer .
In short, they are filters that are at a higher level of quality and efficiency, necessary for a large aquarium.
Fluval FX Series Review
- High filtering capacity , along with very low filter maintenance.
- Ample space to place the filter materials.
- too quiet
- Between 4 and 6 stages of filtering, depending on the model, which provide a great flexibility of materials to use and combine.
- Simple and very fast maintenance. Aquastop valves,